Elizabeth B. Chang
Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science, Director of the MS Program in the Management of Information Technology, and Chairperson of the Department of Computer Science
Office: Hodson Science & Technology Center, Room 232
Office Hours: Before or after class, by appointment, or drop-in.
- M.A., Ph.D., University of Maryland, College Park
- B.A., Millersville University
- IT 180 Elements of Web Development I
- IT 280 Elements of Web Development II
- CSIT 483 583 WWW Programming
- IT 382 Usability Engineering for Web Development
- IT 480 Web Development Practicum
- INST 302 Impact of Computers on Society
- CS 536 Web Services
Dr. Elizabeth Chang has served in both faculty and administrative roles at Hood College. She was an elected Commissioner of the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Research and Teaching Interests
Dr. Chang currently is actively investigating topics in web site design and programming, with emphasis on developing web-based front ends to databases using Perl. She also has interests in assessment and accreditation issues in higher education.
- Practical Perl with CGI Applications, Addison-Wesley (2004)
- swetcharnik.com: A site showcasing the art and social projects of William Swetcharnik and Sara Morris Swetcharnik, March 2005
- pethelp.net: website for the Frederick County Animal Control Center, October 2004
- Practical Perl with CGI Applications, Scott/Jones Publishers (2003)
- Documenting Outcomes, CHE Self-Study Institute, November 1997; November 1998
- Panelist: Faculty Views on Accreditation, Accreditation And Quality Assurance Conference, Washington, D.C., December 1996
- The Importance of Mission, CHE/MSA Workshop for New Evaluators, Philadelphia, September 1996