Robert W. Boyle Jr.
Associate Professor of Psychology and Chair of the Department of Psychology
Tel: (301) 696-3764
Office: Rosenstock Hall
Office Hours: By Appointment
- Ph.D., The Catholic University of America
- M.A., The Catholic University of America
- B.A., University of Maryland
Professor Boyle is the Chair of the department of psychology. He is a developmental psychologist interested in the application of Piagetian theory to adolescent thought structures. His current scholarly interests focus on cults and the development of ethical guidelines for the use of human subjects in research. For the past three years, he has worked on the application of computer technology to classroom teaching.
Areas of Expertise
Statistics, research design, social psychology
- PSY 205: Social Psychology
- PSY 211: Elementary Statistics
- PSY 505: Social Psychology: A Survey
- Farreras, I. G., & Boyle, R. W. (2012). The effect of faculty self-promotion on student evaluations of teaching. College Student Journal, 46(2), 314-322.