What is Chalk & Wire?
Chalk & Wire is a web-based electronic portfolio management and assessment system that allows students to demonstrate knowledge and competencies and use this information to improve programs.
Purchase and Renewal
The college will provide Chalk & Wire access if your program or course requires it.
New Users: Students will automatically receive their account access in Chalk & Wire when uploading their first Chalk & Wire assignment using Blackboard. New users should follow the instructions outlined below under "Student Guide" to activate their Chalk & Wire account.
Renewal: Expired accounts will automatically be renewed when a student clicks on the assignment link in Blackboard.
A code is never required to create a Chalk & Wire account at Hood College. Any issues with creating or accessing an account after you click on the assignment link in Blackboard should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.
E-Portfolio Management System
- Chalk & Wire showcases students’ work throughout their academic year in a portable, web-based format that can be taken with them after graduation.
- At the end of the program, students will have a complete portfolio of critical assignments that document or demonstrate their skills and professional growth.
- Students are given unlimited web-based storage and can create and design separate portfolios to target a particular type of position or career path and for other purposes.
Program Assessment System
- Chalk & Wire provides a platform for faculty to assess individual student performance on course assignments and at the same time demonstrate competencies for program review.
- It is a system that allows faculty to evaluate student learning outcomes specific to the academic program.
- It is designed for program assessment in which faculty members collectively assess student work that is common across a program over time using the same set of criteria or a rubric. Results can be gleaned and aggregated each semester to evaluate program-level learning outcomes or disaggregated by important demographic variables.
- Chalk & Wire is a powerful data management system that allows the program to conduct assessment of students’ competencies, which are linked to state and national standards and assessment instruments.
- Student Quick Sheets
- Chalk & Wire Resources
- Faculty Quick Sheets
- Chalk & Wire Resources
Chalk & Wire is supported by the following browsers:
- Chrome (PC & Mac)
- Safari (PC & Mac)
- Firefox 4+ (PC & Mac)
- Internet Explorer 9+