All grant proposals that include purchases over $5,000 need to include bids/quotations from a minimum of three vendors. In a few rare cases, you will only find one or two vendors for your equipment; please back up these cases with documentation substantiating your use of a sole source.
When selecting a vendor, please consider quality, cost, delivery, terms, instrument maintenance, past vendor performance and the following criteria:
- Vendors must demonstrate their ability to supply goods and services on a regular and timely basis under varying market conditions.
- Vendors must demonstrate the ability to procure adequate supplies of raw materials.
- Vendors should be cost competitive.
- Vendors must demonstrate the ability to meet our specific requirements
Additional consideration may be given to vendors that meet the following criteria:
- Vendors with adequate financial strength and a reputation for adhering to specifications and delivery schedules.
- Vendors located near Hood College.
- Vendors, or their representatives, that have helped advance the educational goals of Hood College.
- Vendors that support the College's Affirmative Action Policy.
In accordance with policy, Hood College does not reveal specific pricing or other information associated with bid processes or other business activities. Vendors are requested to propose their most competitive offer upon first submittal as these are considered best and final offers.