To apply to Hood College as an international applicant, please submit the following documents:
- Application – Hood College is a member of The Common Application. You can complete and submit the application here.
- Official Transcript – Applicants are required to submit an official high school/secondary school transcript. If your transcript is not in English, it must be translated and evaluated by a professional organization. Our preferred evaluators can be found here.
- Recommendation Letters – Two letters of recommendation are required. One must be written by a college counselor, principal, or headmaster, and the other must be written by an academic instructor. If you are currently enrolled in an English as a Second Language (ESL) program, please have your ESL instructor provide your recommendation.
- English Language Proficiency – If English is not your native language and/or your secondary school lessons are not taught in English, you are required to complete either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and submit your scores to Hood College. If English is your native language or your lessons are taught in English, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can waive this requirement.
- Financial Information – Students who are applying for an F-1 visa must provide documentation of financial support for studies in the United States. Further information and the required forms can be found here.
- Passport Information – Please submit a photocopy of the front cover and photo page of your passport.
Application materials and questions can be emailed to email@example.com.