Wellness Center (on-campus)
Hood College has an ambulatory facility, staffed by a registered nurse, that is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. when classes are in session. Physician clinics are held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday; students are seen by appointment only. Commuter students, including adult students, are eligible for services at the Health Center. If you have any questions, call the Health Center at ext. 3439.
Staff counselors are available for brief supportive counseling, consultation and referral services. Commuter students are eligible for these services at no cost. Call the counseling center at ext. 3440 for an appointment.
Banking services (on or near campus)
- Sovereign Bank ATM on 1st floor of Whitaker Campus Center
- F&M ATM Frederick Memorial Hospital Main Lobby
- F&M 7th St. Shopping Center
- BB&T 1305 West 7th St.
- BB&T 1605 Rosemont Ave.
- M&T 929 West 7th St.
- Bank of America 805 West 7th St.
Fast food (off campus)
The following fast food outlets are located within a mile of campus:
- Subway — College Plaza Shopping Center
- Taco Bell — College Plaza Shopping Center
- Manhattan Bagel — 7th St. Shopping Center
- Papa Johns — 7th Street Shopping Center (Delivery - 301-698-7272)
- McDonalds — West 7th St.
- Spirit Shoppe Deli — West 7th St.
- Pizza Hut — Rosemont Ave. 540 W. South St. (Delivery - 301-662-1700)
- Sheetz — Rosemont Ave.