CREDIT AND GPA REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATION:
- 124 credits (if admitted prior to Fall 1993)
- 124 credits at 100-level or above (if admitted Fall 1993 or later)
- 2.00 cumulative grade point average (gpa) and 2.00 major grade point average (gpa)
You can monitor your credits and cumulative grade point average (gpa) by viewing your transcript and/or Degree Progress on Self-Service. You need to plan for enough credits in your senior year to earn a minimum of 124 credits (100-level or above).
CORE CURRICULUM REQUIREMENTS
- Transfer students with an AA, AS, or AAT degree or the equivalent are exempt from the Foundation and Methods of Inquiry sections of the Core.
- All Core requirements must be taken for a letter grade—no S/U (satisfactory/unsatisfactory) grades.
- The Foreign Language requirement is fulfilled by six to eight credits in an elementary (101 and 102) foreign language course sequence or exemption through a placement test.
Students may also exempt without credit the six-credit foreign language requirement by placement at the 103-level or above on the foreign language placement test.
International students, for whom English is a foreign language, may meet the requirement by placing into and completing a 100-level English course. If, however, English is the official language of the country, a foreign language is required.
- Students who participate in two seasons of intercollegiate sports may be exempted from all or part of the PE activity requirement. A half-credit of exemption will be granted for each season of participation. No credit is earned for the waiver. The Athletic Director’s signature is required for the waiver.
- Honors Program students who have completed HON 101, 102, 201, and 202 may apply up to 3 Honors courses toward the seven classes required in the Methods of Inquiry section of the Core. No Honors credit may be applied to the laboratory science requirement.