Hood College students enrolled in graduate degree programs or the Teacher Certification program can apply for a Federal Direct Loan to assist with educational expenses.
How Do I Apply For A Federal Direct Loan?
How Much Can I Borrow?
- Your loan eligibility is limited to the cost of attendance (tuition, fees, books and living expenses) less any other financial assistance you are receiving. A student must be enrolled for at least three (3) credits in a given semester. The maximum annual loan eligibility in the Federal Direct Loan Program is as follows:
Graduate Program $20,500
Teacher Certification Program $12,500
The Office of Financial Aid will determine the amount you are eligible to borrow.
Can I Apply For Maryland State Scholarships?
- Residents of Maryland may be eligible for the following scholarships:
- Maryland Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Workforce Tuition Assistance Program
- Workforce Shortage Student Assistance Grant Program
- Senatorial and Delegate Scholarships
- For information and applications contact our office or the Maryland State Scholarship Administration at (800) 974-1024 or (410) 260-4500 or www.mhec.state.md.us.
Alternative Education Loans