Hood College is a participating member of the Maryland Interlibrary Consortium (MIC). Our partners include Washington Adventist University (formerly Columbia Union College), Loyola University and Notre Dame College, Mount St. Mary's University, and Stevenson University.
Hood students, faculty and staff have borrowing privileges at each school and may place online requests to have books delivered to Hood. During the academic year our courier will typically deliver the books to Hood within 24 hours if a request is placed between Monday and Thursday. Friday and weekend requests are filled the following Monday or Tuesday. The courier makes less frequent deliveries in the summer.
Books from our consortium partner libraries circulate for 28 days for students, staff and board members, and 120 days for faculty.
Below are instructions for the borrowing process:
- Use the Quick, Basic or Advanced Search in ShaRC to find the book you want.
- From the Results List, click on the book Title to view the Full Record.
- Note the book's location at the bottom of the record.
- If the book is not at Hood but is located in one of our partner libraries, proceed with the next step.
- Click the blue Request button near the top of the page.
- Type in your Barcode and Last Name. Click Login.
- Select: "BORROW an item found in the catalog." Click OK.
- The Borrow screen will appear. In the "I will pick up at" drop-down box, select "Hood Circulation Desk."
- Enter your Barcode.
- Click Submit Request. You will be notified via e-mail when the book is available at the circulation desk.