Coordinator: Joy Swanson Ernst
The social work minor offers students in related majors (such as sociology, psychology, law and society and education) an introduction to the methods and theory of social work practice. It enhances students’ understanding of human behavior and social policy, and teaches intervention strategies designed to enhance functioning of individuals, families, groups and communities.
Requirements for the Minor:
- SOWK 201 Introduction to Social Work and Human Services
- SOWK 301 Social Policy and Human Service Programs
- SOWK 342 Social Work Methods I
- SOWK 343 Human Behavior and the Social Environment I
- SOWK 344 Human Behavior and the Social Environment II