The Hood College Health Center supports the mission of the College to enhance the academic growth and health of all students. The Health Center provides quality medical and preventative health care, educates students about healthy choices and empowers them to make informed decisions in an environment that respects privacy, dignity and diversity.
The health center is an ambulatory facility located on the first floor of the wellness center. It is staffed by registered nurses. A physician or nurse practitioner are available by appointment various times Monday through Friday.
Services provided are:
- General Primary Care: for acute, short term medical problems
- Accident and Injuries: evaluation, treatment and/or referrals
- Physical Exam: for participation in college-sponsored programs
- STD testing, education, and treatment for men and women
- Woman's Health-Gyn: exams, birth control, pregnancy testing, and supportive education
- Wellness programming
All students enrolled in the current semester
Fees and Requirements:
The tuition fee covers the health services. Special medications and laboratory tests not done in house are charged at cost. Students who have not returned their required medical forms will receive emergency health services only until their forms have been filed at the Health Center.
For medical care when the Hood Health Center is closed:
- Frederick Memorial Hospital Emergency Department
400 W 7th Street, Frederick · 240-566-3300
The hospital is adjacent to the Hood Campus.
Urgent Care Centers near Hood College Campus
In order of proximity
UNI Urgent Care Center
1305 W 7th St # 28abc, Frederick · 301-228-3600
FMH Immediate Care
850 Oak Street, Frederick · 301-698-8374
Right time Medical Care
201B shorebird Street, Frederick · 888-808-6483
Advanced Urgent Care
5930 Frederick Crossing Ln Ste 101, Frederick · 240-379-7776
Westview Urgent Care Medi Center
5100 Buckeystown Pike Ste 186, Frederick · 301-682-8888
- Phone: 301-696-3439
- Fax: 301-696-3442
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., when classes are in session.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. -7 p.m., when classes are in session
- Location: White house at the corner of Rosemont and Ferndale Ave.