Hood offers an off-campus, College-leased living environment for students who desire a more independent living experience. Students in these environments are supported through several apartment resident assistants who work to foster responsible choices, assist with concerns, and maintain connections to the Hood campus.
As this environment requires residents to demonstrate additional responsibility and self-sufficiency, the ability to reside in off-campus, College-leased housing is subject to the approval of the director of residence life, chief of campus safety, and dean of students; student disciplinary history is considered as part of the application process. Generally, this living option is reserved for students with junior standing or above, however, exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for interested sophomores as space permits (juniors and seniors receive priority).
Apartments at Sunset
Located within walking distance of campus
- On-site parking
- Two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartments, housing four students each (2 per bedroom)
- Private deck/patio
- Furnished with 4 beds (bunks), 4 desks, 4 desk chairs, 4 dressers, dining room table & chairs, couch, and coffee table
- Major appliances provided: stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, and in-unit washer/dryer
- Carpet in bedrooms, living room, dining room, and hallway
- Individually controlled electric heating and central air-conditioning
- Cable internet with wireless access, Cable TV service, electricity, and water included
- Single rooms are not available in the Apartments at Sunset