Hood College's Information Technology Department is proud to announce the limited release of the Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) for the Hood College academic community. Currently, VCL is targeted only for specific classes with specialized software. VCL is configured on a cloud computing platform using software developed jointly by North Caroline State University and IBM. This service is powered by the Apache Software Foundation's Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) software, enabling access to lab and classroom software remotely through a virtual environment.
||Log into the Virtual Computer Lab
Current Applications Available
|• ArcGIS 10
||• Maple 16
||• Microsoft Office Professional Suite 2010
||• Stata 12
|• Geometer's Sketchpad 5
||• MathCad 15
||• Microsoft Visio 2010
||• SPSS 2.0
|• IDRISI Selva GIS
||• Matlab R2011a / R2012a
||• Minitab 16
||• Stella 9.1.2
Operating Instructions (abreviated)
- Open a web browser and enter "https:\\lab.hood.edu". If you receive a security warning, click proceed/continue
- Select your Domain and click "proceed" to login
- Enter your network user account and password, then click "Login"
- Create a reservation for a session and press "Continue"
- Click "Get RDP File" and click "Open" if challenged
- Your RDP client will open and a Windows login box will appear repopulated with your user name. Enter the VCL password previously provided. A virtual desktop will appear.
- When finished with your VCL session, click "logoff" or "disconnect" in the lower left corner of your screen. You will be returned to the VCL login area.
- To leave VCL, click "logout". You may also create another session from this location.
Operating Instructions (full)
• For full step-by-step instructions, please download this tutorial PDF: VCL User Instructions
• For detailed instructions using an iPad, please download this tutorial PDF: Using the VCL on an iPad
Client Software Required: