View the Schedule of Classes in Self-Service.
Summer Term I classes begin Monday, May 20, 2013
Summer Term II classes begin Monday, July 1, 2013
Fall classes begin Monday, August 26, 2013 at 1:00 p.m.
STEP 1: Academic Advising in Adviser's Office
Advising for full-time students: Friday, April 5
Advising for part-time students: Monday, April 1 – Friday, April 5
Only your assigned academic adviser, listed on Self-Service, may authorize you for registration. Registration cards must be completed and signed by your adviser. Keep your approved registration card as a back-up and, if you are registering for any courses that need faculty approval, your registration card will be needed for processing these course registrations in the Registrar’s Office.
- Prerequisites: You may register only for courses for which you have met the required prerequisites.
- Select alternate courses in case your first choices are full.
Instructor signatures are needed for independent studies, X-credits, departmental honors and any course which requires the permission of the instructor to enroll. Registration for any of these course types must be done in person in the Registrar’s Office, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
STEP 2: Clear Accounts
Resolve any holds placed on your account, such as those noted by Accounting, Registrar’s Office, Library, Health Center or Residence Life/Dean of Students.
STEP 3: Registration
The order of registration is determined by current class standing. Once registration is open for your class, it continues to be open until classes begin.
The schedule for 2013 and Spring 2013 registration is as follows:
Class and Registration times
- Juniors and non-graduating Seniors: Monday, April 8, 12:01 a.m.
- Sophomores: Tuesday, April 9, 12:01 a.m.
- Freshmen: Wednesday, April 10, 12:01 a.m.
Once your adviser has authorized that you are clear to register online, you may enter your course selections according to the schedule listed above. For online registration instructions, click on “Help,” “FAQs,” and “Registration Questions.”
Drop/Add period for Fall 2013 classes ends Monday, September 9. NOTE: Online drop/add ends Sunday, August 25. Once classes begin, all drop/adds must be processed in person in the Registrar’s Office.
NOTE: Payment for Summer 2013 classes is due prior to first class. Payment for Fall 2013 classes is due August 15. For questions regarding billing, contact the Accounting Office at (301) 696-3607.
Undergraduate Registration for Non-degree Students
Summer 2013 and Fall 2013
- View the Schedules of Classes on Self-Service
- Select "Course Sections," select the appropriate Year/Term from the "Period" drop-down menu, and select "Main Session" in the "Session" drop-down menu.
- Non-degree students must complete a registration form in the Registrar's office at the time of registration.
- Register for Summer and Fall terms in the Registrar's Office Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. beginning Monday, April 15.
- Drop/Add period for Fall classes for non-degree students ends Monday, September 9.
- NOTE: Payment for Summer term classes is due before the first class. Payment for Fall classes is due by August 15.