The Financial Aid staff is delighted at the prospect of assisting Hood students and their family members in examining the resources available to help finance the Hood education. Anyone applying for financial aid must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and have a Social Security Number on file with the college. *
Hood College does have a priority date for completing the FAFSA by Feb. 15. Applications submitted by the deadline are given first priority for institutional grants and/or endowment funding.
Maryland residents who may be eligible for state funding MUST complete the FAFSA no later than March 1st. This deadline is strictly enforced by the State of Maryland and no exceptions can be made.
When completing the FAFSA, be sure to list Hood College on your application to ensure that the Financial Aid staff receives the information electronically. The Federal School Code for Hood College is 002076.
Returning students must also complete the Internal Hood Application for Financial Aid at the beginning of their Sophomore, Junior, and Senior years. This information allows the databases to be updated for changes in residency status, level of attendance, and whether or not students are planning to apply for Federal Student Aid.
If students miss the Feb. 15 priority date, still complete the FAFSA to take advantage of any additional resources that may be available for you. Do not hesitate to contact Financial Aid with any questions or concerns.
* The Financial Aid Staff and any Support Office Head shall ensure that the collection and use of the SSN is performed only when the functionality of the system is dependent on use of the SSN as an identifier. Employees authorized to collect information must be aware:
- That individuals may not be denied any right, benefit, or privilege as a result of refusing to provide their Social Security Number unless:
- The collection is authorized either by a statute; or
- The social security numbers are required under statute or regulation adopted prior to 1975
to verify the identity of an individual; and
- That individuals requested to provide their social security numbers must be informed of:
- Whether providing the SSN is mandatory or voluntary;
- Any statutory or regulatory authority that authorizes the collection of social security numbers; and
- The uses that will be made of the numbers.