FAFSA on the Web
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only financial aid form required by the College, and it can be completed online. Hood College's school code is 002076. Call 1-800-4FED-AID if you have questions about FAFSA on the Web.
Electronic signatures speed up the processing of your FAFSA. If students and their parents want to sign your application online, it is important to apply for a PIN now at www.pin.ed.gov. With this pin, students and parents can sign the FAFSA, check the status of the application, correct FAFSA information, reapply for financial aid, view information about federal loans and grants you received, and conduct other business with the U.S. Department of Education.
FSA for Students
This comprehensive site enables student aid applicants and recipients to find extensive information about federal student aid and how to apply for financial aid.
Direct Loan Servicing Online
This site is for students and parents who have Direct Loans or are considering financing an education and want to know more about Direct Loans. Students are able to complete their required Entrance Counseling and Exit Counseling from this site.
FinAid! The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid
This is perhaps the most comprehensive guide to financial aid resources available on the Web. In addition to scholarship resources and financial aid calculators, there is a wealth of other good information. Click on the "Site Map" link to access information grouped by category. This site contains the answer to virtually any question about financial aid for college. Click here to use the financial aid calculator.
CollegeIsPossible.com is a "one-stop-shop" with links and information on books, Web sites and other resources recommended by admissions and financial aid professionals. The Coalition of America's Colleges and Universities recognizes that American families are concerned about the cost of college and the process of finding ways to pay for a college degree and has launched a comprehensive national education campaign to address these concerns. Parents and students may access much of the same information by calling the U.S. Department of Education's toll-free number, (800) 433-3243.
The following Web sites may help you in your scholarship search. All offer free searches. We do not endorse any particular site. We do encourage students to obtain information from more than one sourse or site to maximize their options for scholarships and aid.
- Feb. 1– Aug. 1: Submit your admission application for review on the first of the month under Hood’s Rapid Review Process to receive an admission decision by the middle of the month.
- Sept. 1–December 1: Submit your application for review by December 1 under Hood’s Early Action Process; admission decisions will be mailed by December 15.
- Feb. 15: Deadline for all returning undergraduates receiving financial aid (including students who receive only merit scholarships) to submit the Renewal Application for Financial Aid.
- Feb. 15: Priority deadline for submitting the FAFSA.
- March 1: Strict FAFSA deadline for Maryland students requesting federal and state financial aid.
- May 3: Summer financial aid applications (available April 1) due for students seeking aid for the summer semester.