Admission to the undergraduate program at Hood College is selective, and we encourage students to pursue a strong college preparatory curriculum in high school. Applicants are admitted on the basis of academic achievements, personal qualities and accomplishments, but there are no set admission standards regarding grade point average and standardized test scores. However, as a frame of reference, the first-year class of 2013 had an average GPA of 3.5 and average SAT score of 1080 (critical reading and math ). Among our first-year students, more than 80 percent graduated in the top 50 percent of their high school class.
- March 1, Regular Decision Extended Deadline - Due to the effects of Hurricane
Sandy and the continued erratic weather in the Northeast, we have
extended our Regular Decision application deadline.
- Admission decisions will be mailed on March 15.
- March16 - Hood will accept applications on a space-available basis.
- Admission decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and
notification of the admission decision is normally mailed within two
weeks of receipt of the completed application file.
- Documents required to complete an application are as follows:
- Official High School Transcript
- Official SAT or ACT Scores
- 1 Letter of recommendation from a teacher
- 1 Letter of recommendation from a college or guidance counselor
- If you have questions about any required documents, please contact
the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 696-3400
In addition to prospective first-year students, we also welcome talented transfer students.